There are many types of racing and could be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally sooner or later and then leave the spot at regular intervals to reach a certain point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand in order to have an improved notion of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to find the best possible way to reach the destination. World Rally Championship is typically the most popular championship in this kind of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: This is one of the very famous motor sports and involves a lot of specially designed high-speed cars. These are auto parts open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in the leading and along with rear to have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is really a World Championship that is now proven to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the greatest level of motor sport and every car racer wants to participate in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This kind of racing takes invest snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes invest high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for an improved adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This kind of race involves highly modified production cars and it’s comparatively slower than the sports car racing or the single-seater racing. The most used championship could be the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This kind of car racing is comparable to Touring car racing and can be an American version of the same. The automobile racing series popular in this kind of racing could be the NASCAR. This is generally conducted on ovals and the cars used in racing are just like production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a certain distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the range of cars participating in this race could be everyday car to high class racing cars. This will depend which type of car is being used for drag racing as a road racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and the same distance could be included in a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Low rider racing takes invest a closed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions compete with each other. This race is specially for long distances like 1000km and that is why this race involves multiple driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells all of it, the racing of some modified cars happens off road i.e. from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This kind of race involves racing to find the best time completion. The cars need certainly to climb the extremely steep hills and the vehicle with the most effective completion time could be the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks can be small and the karts used in the race can be distinctive from the normal cars that run using roads.